The band's music is a key document for understanding the evolution of the social and musical avant-garde jazz that season, between New York and Chicago, has ferried sounds and political awareness in the present, through the thousand streams of postmodernity with a voltage the future but maintained its anchor firmly tied to its history.
- Gianpaolo Galasi, mescalina.it, November 5, 2011 Read Full Review
... it's some of the liveliest and most important work you'll hear for the early roots of Asian-American jazz!
- Rotcod Zzaj, Improvijazzation Nation, Issue #106 reviews, November 4, 2011 Read Full Review
- Gian Paolo Galasi , July 23, 2011 complete communion.blogspot.com, Read Full Review
- Kevin Le Gendre, Jazzwise Magazine Read Full Review
-Michael Rosenstein, Signal to Noise Read Full Review
Commitment recently proved how fresh they still are by staging a near-sold out reunion concert at 5C Cultural Center, a small independent venue that has survived by a hair for the last 16 years.
- Steve Dalachinsky, The Brooklyn Rail, June 6, 2011 Read Full Article
Commitment The Complete Recordings 1981/1983 | NoBusiness
One of those records that must have seemed interesting but unfocused at the time sounds prophetic now, especially padded out to two-disc length with a rousing live set.
- Tom Hull, The Village Voice, May 11, 2011
- Brad Farberman, Time Out New York, April 28-May 4, 2011 Read Full Review
- John Ephland, Downbeat Magazine, January 2011 Read Full Review